Friday, July 6, 2018

Showcase: Morathi

 
Ever since I saw this model I have wanted to own it.  Today I have completed (after a couple of touch ups) the model and I am really happy with how it turned out.



I think this is such a cool model.  The pose is dynamic and the sculpting was well done.  It went together easily but I could have done better since I left a few gaps.  The wings were a bit hard to get to stay in place but, with enough plastic glue and a lot of patience they turned out fine.


Painting her was a bit difficult.  anything under the left wing was a challenge.  I might suggest leaving the curved in part of the left wing off and gluing it after painting.  I tried to do some wet blending on the wings but I just couldn't get it to look right.  I am sure with enough practice I can do it but for now this will do.


With the large one done I need to focus on the small one next.  She should paint up quickly. I can then move on to my other projects.  Hopefully I can get in a game soon.  I have been wanting to play 40k but have been having a hard time working it into my schedule.

 
I hope you have a great weekend.

Questions? Comments? Hisssss