Monday, May 27, 2019

Summer Painting Time Starts Now! - June Challenge

Hi all!

With the craziest time of the year for me winding down now, I can get started on some serious summer painting. Enter the summer painting challenge!

A Preview of things to come!




I've allowed a major backlog of painting to occur here at Blockade's Bastion. So much so that I'm really struggling to make sufficient headway (Note - the entire wargaming group is now annoyed at me because I do seem to paint pretty quickly (Imaginary Editor: Alpha Legion army cough cough) so in reality it's just overwhelming for me, for other's its normal). So, naturally, a challenge appears.

In essence, I want to finish painting the equivalent of a board game and an army in the next month (including the last few days of May). If I can achieve that, then I can buy the BIG THING that I've really been wanting for the Black Templar army - a floaty tank! Also I get to buy a new chimera to go with the salamander conversion kit for the GSC/Chaos cults army.

I know, I'll have to work out a ton too since that's the rules (see Workouts for Warhammer if you need to).

So what's on the to paint list? See the (mostly horrible) photos below.




















If you're still looking, here's the list.

  • Atalan Bikers (5 bike squad)
  • Goliath Tank & Crew
  • Black Templar Suppressors (3)
  • Black Templar Phobus Armor LT (Still waiting for him in the mail)
  • Adventurers from Blackstone Fortress (8 models)
  • Renegade Guard - Blackstone Fortress (7 models)
  • Beastmen - Blackstone Fortress (4 Models)
  • Rogue Psykers - Blackstone Fortress (2 Models)
  •  Dark Mechanicum - Blackstone Fortress (4 models)
  • Drones - Blackstone Fortress (4 models)
  • Urguls - Blackstone Fortress (4 models)
  • Familiars (4 - two chaos two GSC)
  • Two Squads of Ten Vostroyan Guard including heavy weapon bases.
  • Four man command squad (Flamer, Medic, Comms and Grenade Launcher)
  • Two Vostroyan Snipers
  • Oh, and whatever is left from the Alpha legion list (2 Oblits, Master of Possession, and 2 Greater Possessed)
Wow. So much to paint. I know there's more on there, but that's what I've had so far! :-)

I'll post some updates to show what I've finished.