Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Darrakar Guardian of Souls



Last night, I had some time to add the finishing touches to Darrakar.  Like most Nighthaunt,  painting him went pretty quick.

This makes my second Guardian of Souls model.  He does have a few extra rules so I might use him as Darrakar or just a generic Guardian.


At first I thought the light blue I use, Fenrisian Grey, was a nice light blue came close to matching the Nighthaunt Gloom for a gradient from white to gloom.   I am starting to have my doubts.  I am not sure what to do.  Maybe there is a different paint that is the shade I am looking for.  I don't want to mix paints because I can never reproduce the same color twice and finding the right mix could be expensive if I just keep mixing paint willy nilly. 


When it came to highlighting the brass, I decided to highlight it with a gold.  I usually keep it in the brass family and use Brass Scorpion, but I didn't like the result so I switched to  Auric Armor Gold.  It is still a subtle highlight but I like how it turned out.


Completing this model felt good.  I think a quick palette cleanser of a Nighthaunt model every so often is nice and an easy win. Next up, I want to do the finishing touches on my Robot then maybe I can get back to the Jackals.  we will see where the wind blows me.

Have a good one! 

Questions? Comments? oooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooo...

PS: LET'S GO BLUES!!!!