Friday, November 16, 2018

Showcase: Kustom Boosta-Blasta



As you could have seen from my last post, I was almost finished with my Kustom Boosta-Blasta.  Well with the snow day yesterday I put a little more time into him and finished it up.




I went with a red paint job because red ones go faster and blue was already taken.  I decided to use Warplock Bronze on the engine.  I think it turned out pretty cool with the Brass Scorpion highlights. I think I might add a second coat of gravel as well, since I can still see the base in some areas.  I think next time I will paint the base as well so it is not as noticeable.  I will see. I didn’t learn my lesson on building and painting in stages.  The ork driver and grot copilot where tough to paint.  Maybe when I build the Snazzwagon I will try it paint it up in stages.



The Boosta-Blsta is an interesting unit.  The six shot rivet cannon is not a bad start but with ork accuracy is only decent.  The short range on the burrna exhaust is a bit limiting but with doing 4 D3 shots can put out some wounds.  Finally doing D3 would on a 4+ reminds me of using carnifex.  Really this is not a bad comparison to a carnifex with two slimmer maggot deathespitters and some weaker devourers.




With this finished I have completed the Speed Freeks boxset.  I will have to try out the Boosta-Blasta in a game just like I need to work on trying the others.  I missed a game this week because of the snow but maybe early next week I can get in a game.

Let me know what you think.

Questions? Comments? Dakka dakka dakkas!