Wednesday, June 21, 2017

WIP hormagaunts


In 8th edition, the role of the lowly termagant has changed slightly.  Sure they are still cheap little guys that help bubble wrap our larger monsters from charges.  The difference now I don't need the never ending supply of models since the tervigon doesn’t make new units unless I set aside points for it.  This means that I don’t have to worry about not having enough models when it is time to make more guys since I am only replenishing models that have died.  So, when I found a fresh box of termagants I thought why not makes some hormagaunts.


The two units are very similar.  I even have some hormagaunts that I modelled as termagants.  So how hard would it be to go the other way. I found out it is not too hard.




First up I cut off the front arms.  I tried to make the cut as flush as I could.  I then tried to touch up the chest and arms from where they were molded onto the front arm a gun.  After that I took some leftover scything talons (I admit these are probably from some genestealers so a little big) and cut off the ball joint so it can join with the flat socket.


I find the result acceptable.  After I paint them up and I mix them in with 14 other friends they will fit right in.

What do you guys think?


Questions? Comments? Nom nom noms?