Friday, August 14, 2015

Showcase: Skitarii Vanguard

So Yesterday I showed off my finished Skitarii Rangers. I finished out that box making 6 more Vanguards. I made out a spreadsheet so I know for each box what I need to make to get me to the 3 Vanguard units and 2 Ranger units. Onto the models
First up are a couple of Alphas.  I decided to make their gear crest match the rest of my army colors.

I really like this light purple color.  They do stand out in the group just enough to be different but not enough to look out of place.

I think when I did this batch I did the wash then the highlight for the Bronze.  I think if I reversed it, it would have looked better.

Next up are some regular troops.


Nothing real special.  I think I might have to go back and paint in the visor a little more. Other than that they look good.

Up next is the special weapons.

I think I need to highlight the stock of the Arc Rifle a little bit to give it some form and hit the visor again.  looks like a recurring problem.


The Plasma Caliver model's pose was a bit odd.  It is like he is striding forward maybe if I had the head looking the other way it might be better but I doubt it. 
This guy's visor looks ok. Could use a little more gold highlight.

And there you have it.  This bring my total up to 12 Vanguards.  2 Alphas, 2 Plasmas, 2 arcs, one omniscope, and 5 regular troopers.

With that i finally finished July's models.   Next up, I can start on the August models, the Tohaa starter for infinity.  I need to get them ready for the Nova Open where I will be playing is some fun (hopefully) Hunger Game Missions.  I need to have 3 figures ready by Sept 3.  Should be very doable.


After dealing with the Tarsos I am not sure I want to assemble these little guys.  I see super glued fingers in my future.

Questions? Comments? 01101001 01101110 01110001 01110101 01101001 01110010 01101001 01100101 01110011?