Saturday, May 30, 2015

WIP: Grot tanks - Filling out the ranks!

After my grot tanks did decently the other day I wanted to try to fill out the ranks.  Forge world would be awesome but they are not in the budget right now but I had some old Ramshackle bits hanging around and then I saw a conversion made from some old toy that I found on ebay real cheap I thought I could make me some proxies until I get more from Forgeworld. 



My first attempt was the Ramshackle Games Vole Tank,

I pretty much built this like they designed except the missile turret. 

I turned the body around and added the ork bit in the back.  I think it needs something up from and maybe some exhaust in the back but I like it the way it is.

Up next is the Robogear Varan tank conversion. 



I used a Kromlech turret  up top.  I built it up with some plasticard and random bits. 


I need to add some rivets to finish this one off but other than that I am very happy with how it turned out.
The last picture I have is the last one next to an actual Grot tank.
It is slightly taller than this one but I think a few of the others are taller.  It is also a little bit longer but over all I feel that they are close enough for my tastes.  I can't wait to finish them up so I can get them painted and onto the battlefield.  The grot tanks are coming for ya!  I think if money was not an object I would run 18 of these little guys!

Hope your weekend is going well.  I will Keep you posted as they progress.

Questions?  Comments?  Dakka dakka dakkas?