Monday, January 1, 2024

New Years Resolutions!

As promised, I am back with a look forward to 2024 and what I think I might accomplish this year.  As Always there are surprises from Games Workshop and people are releasing awesome STL all the time that will get me to switch up my goals and priorities but at least this is how I feel about the year right now.

 


First of all, I have two huge models to work on.  The first is a Hierophant from  StationForge This model is cool and I would love to finish her this year.  Due to my limited skill in printing things there several gaps I need to fill but if I can do that I will have no problem painting her up. I also need to decide how to base her.  I think a big round base might be the best thing.



The other big model is a Knight Castellan to ally with my sisters of battle.  I even have a head start on the painting of this model.  A few days of painting will get it to the finish line.  I do need to worry about the basing on this one as well.  I am thinking I might use some pieces of Sculpey and use the same roller as I do with my Sisters’ bases.  Maybe in a broken fashion.  We will see.



Speaking of Sisters of Battle, I have a set of the Novitiates that I want to assemble and paint up.  Since it is the sisters of battle I need to make bases for them.  I wish I had my printers before I started my army since printing is the way I prefer to go now.  Those rollers get gunked up way too easily and baking Sculpey is a pain at best.  Maybe I will bite the bullet and print off a ton of bases and rebase my army.  We shall see.

 

Looking at my KANBAN board (get yours at https://kanbantool.com/) I see a lot of Tyranids left to work on. I have a whole second box set given to me by a friend as well as some printed models and some Biovores if Games Workshop ever gets their crap together and make more.  One thing that grinds my gears about GW is that they never make enough of the models they sell.  They make a ton of demand for these new models but never make enough.  It happens almost every release.  The Biovores sting the worse since they never made it to any shop around me. If my game store didn’t insist on actual models (not printed) I would have moved on a long time ago.

 


This year I also need to figure out what I am going to do about my Khadron Overlords.  This will be the second year I have had those models and I need to either commit to painting and using them or find them a new home.  The same goes for my world eaters.  Either I paint them how I planned, find a new style, or say goodbye.

 

I have a few Leagues of Votann models I am working on but I don’t feel like they have been ignored since they had the second highest completion rate last year.  Hopefully, I will find some time at the table to throw some dice.



 

I have a few Ad Mech models to paint up as well as some Necrons.  Both have official GW models as well as some printed models of robot velociraptor riders for my cavalry units. Lastly, I have a few HQ units to paint that will round out my army.


 

I also have a few Orks I want to paint.  I have a few Kans to add as well as a couple Deff Dreads.  Lastly, I have a robo-sqig boss nob to paint up.  I also printed out a larger mega nob that I could paint but I don’t think I could use him.  He is too big for a Meganob but too small for Warboss.  Poor little guy.

 


I have a ton of models in my pile but probably will not get to them.  I might just weed out the actual models and try to sell them at the bazaar.  There are just a lot of unpainted minis that need a home that I just can’t or won’t get to.  Maybe if I need them for a game they will get a chance but I am not holding my breath.


Just a portion of the mountain of shame


 

The last thing I will mention is I have a walking Leman Russ to paint.  I will also likely print up some more chimeras and a hellhound or 2 for my guard army.  I don’t know when I will be able to play them but I love that walker army so they will get added.  What else is a 3d printer for?


 

There you have it.  I resolution for this year.  I will probably change my goals the day I post this but that is just how it goes.  Happy new years and find some time to slay the gray! (I stole that from Ninjon, my hobby hero)