Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Finally Back to Aberrants


Now that the Nighthaunt that were on my workbench are done I am swinging back to the Genestealer Cult.  On my quest to have all my Aberrants done before the new models come out, I bore down and was able to finish one of the three remaining Aberrants.




Unlike the previous Aberrants I decided to use a white base coat.  I have the white base coat with various results.  With the Nighthaunt it is a no brainer.  The technical paint just works with the white coat so well.  With the grots I tried a technique that uses washes instead of paints.  I found that, while the washes worked, I liked how it looked painting them the traditional way.


With the Aberrants I find that most of the model is the lighter skin color so to work from a white base it is less layers to get the desired look.  The end result is not much different than using a black base coat. This made my life easier.  I will remember this the next time basing models.


Over all I am happy with how he turned out. I have the last two primed white as well and have started to paint the second to last aberrant. If I can get a couple of hours this week, I can finish these last two and be ready for the new cultist.  I am looking forward to it.

Questions? Comments? For the Four Armed Emperor!!