Thursday, January 24, 2019

What's on My table?



So I have gearing up and painting my Genestealer Cult (GSC) this past week, getting ready for the codex release.  SO when I found a hour or two to work on some models you would think I would start painting another aberrant.  Not this hobby butterfly,  I started work on the Mourngul!


This model is one of the reasons for choosing Nighthaunt as my second army.  I just love the look of it.  It wasn't that bad to put together and after a bit of green stuff I am happy with the seams. I wish I was brave enough to remove the horse but I didn't want to mess up the model so I left it in.



I had a hard time deciding how to paint him.  I was back and forth debating if I should choose the ghostly color to match my others or if I should have gone with a pale skin and have him be different.  As you can see I chose the ghostly colors and I am not disappointed.




At this point the Mourngul is almost finished.  I still have the base and horse to finish but he is done baring a few finishing touches.  (I need to pick out more of the teeth).  I am still wondering what I should do about the basing material.  I tried to make stones out of egg carton like I saw in a tutorial but they just looked silly and out of place. I will have to look harder for a solution.






Also on the table are the last three Aberrants and three Glaivewraith Stalkers.  I laid down the ghost color for the stalkers so I think finishing them will be a snap.  Hope your hobbies are going as well as mine.

Questions? Comments? What's on your table?