Friday, January 4, 2019

Reikenor the Grimhailer


Continuing my work on the new army, I picked up Reikenor the Grimhailer to be one of my leaders.  My FLGS was having a "buy one get, one half off" sale and while I was picking up my chapter approved I decided to get half off Reikenor.




I followed my scheme from my test model, the Glaivewraith, and painted the arms and head with Ushapti Bone.  After a quick wife review, I ended up doing the front legs and hooves of the horse in it as well. I also matched the statue in black with a heavy dry brush of grey like the tombstones of the wraith.


I used a light green on the vines since Waaagh! Flesh tended to blend into the grey.  I am not sure I like the paint job on the candles.  I only have one white (white scar) that I then washed with Earthshade.  I am worried that they are still too pure.  When working on the flames, I tried to wet blend the yellow orange and red together.  While not perfect,  I am satisfied with the outcome.


With him finished, I am ready to finish the wraith and work on some battleline.  I have ten chainrasps assembled and waiting for some primer.  It is almost time to figure out what I am going to do about their bases. I might need to pick up the texture paint for the bases or  maybe I can make my own.   I need to do more research...

Questions? Comments? OooooOOOOooo.....