Thursday, January 3, 2019

Nighthaunt test model


New year means new army.  In the dying embers of 2018 I decided to take the plunge into a second Age of Sigmar army. After many debates with myself I chose the nighthaunt.



I like how these guys stand out.  The ghostly paint scheme they most people use for nighthaunt is pretty cool and I wanted to give it a try. The nighthaunt are also a horde army which reflects my usual play style. I love the Daughters but sometime I just want to drown the enemy in bodies and small elite squads of snakes just doesn't have that same feel. 


After finishing my test model I show my wife my result. She suggested that I make the arms bone colored as well leaving the robes a ghostly blue.  After trying it out, I agree that it looks better this way. It helps break up the solid ghost blue of the rest of the model.


I went with a grey cobblestone base with a heavily drybrushed black for the tombstones.  The only thing I am worry about is how to carry this basing to the models which don't have the premade bases, like the chainrasps. That is the challenge I will be coming across soon.

Questions? Comments? OOooooooooOOOoooo...