Thursday, January 18, 2018

Looking Ahead


While I fix the repulsor and wait for a nice day to prime it I thought I would get started with my hellblasters.  Seing that I was in a basecoating mood I also laid down the teal on a lt, the ancient and a random intercessor. This got me thinking on how far I have come and how far I still have to go.



Where I Been


So far I have painted two squads of intercessors, two squads of inceptors, a squad of aggressors, a squad of reivers, a squad of hellblasters, a lt and the captain.  All together it is about 1000 points and can only fill a patrol detachment. It is not a bad start. I have a bunch of strength four shooting with a captain and lt for rerolling.  The hellblaster give me some high strength shooting as well as some much needed AP. I really need to put these guys down on the table to see how well they can do.

Where I Am

Right now I am a little over halfway done painting up the models I have for this army.  Next up is the repulsor and another squad of hellblasters.  I will follow this up with more intercessors, lts and the ancient. this will give me more long range, high strength, good ap shooting and another troop to move me into a Battalion Detachment.  This takes me from 4 command point to 6 commmand points.I am hoping by the end of Febuary I will have most of this army painted.

Where I Want to Be

Looking past what I have into what I see past Feburary, I have my centerpiece month.  This is going to be a Fire Raptor. I have wanted one of these models ever since I saw Kabala's night lord's version.  I think it is an awesome model.  From what I have seen it does really well on the table as well.  It will be nice to have some competent air support (looking at you dakka jets) on the table and I think the raptor will bring that.

After the raptor I still have the Redemptor conversion with the dunecrawler legs.  I still don't have the parts needed for this conversion  so I doubt it is coming anytime soon but I do want to do it this year.  I also would like ten more intercessors so I can run full squads if I want.  Lastly I think I need another Repulsor tank.  One is good but two are scary.


NameHavePaintedWIPWant
Intecessors23101310
Inceptors9630
hellblasters10550
Aggresors3300
Reivers9631
lieutenant4130
Captain1100
Ancient1010
Replsor1011
Fire Raptor0001
Redemptor Dreadnought0001

This should take me through the first quarter of the year.  I think from here I will look back on my tyranids, orks, and maybe even tau armies.  Who knows maybe by march the Necrons might have a codex and I will get back into playing them.  Only GW knows.

Have a good weekend!

Questions? Comments? pew pew pews!