Thursday, July 11, 2024

June Update

 


Another month has gone and more hobbying has been done.  Let's take a look at what I have done this time.

 

Raging Heroes Skulltaker


 

I am not huge on painting models just to have a model, but there are a few exceptions.  One is my Beastboss on Mecha-Squidzilla and the other is this Skulltaker proxy by Raging Heroes.  When I saw this I knew I wanted to paint one up using speed paints to have in my miscellaneous collection. It is a very nice sculpt and it printed pretty well.  The details are a bit fine for my ham-hock hands and blind-as-a-bat eyes. Even with those limitations, the model looks good.

 

Gore-grunta


 

This month I finished two sets of gore-gruntas. I continue to feel like I would prefer them on a different type of mount but I never really found one that fit. So, I accept them for what they are and welcome them into my Ironjaws army.  I went with an orange speed paint on these guys.  I am fully in love with the Ironjawz models and look forward to trying to figure out how to play them in 4th.

 

Ironskull Boyz


 

Back when Shadespire came out I picked up this set of Ironjawz.  A few guys were playing this game so I was going to try it out but interest dried up before I had my guys ready.  With my resurgence into Age of Sigmar and the pull of the Waaaagh, I decided to repaint them in my Ironjawz colors and have them ready to join the battle.

 

Weirdnob Shaman


 

I was not happy with the model for the Weirdnob Shaman and I had a second warchanter so, I decided to do some kitbashing. I found a similar model holding a staff in a similar pose to the warchanter.  I then left off the breastplate and added a head from the rager box and a new shaman was created. 

 

Brutes


 

After working on all these Ironjawz I thought I should beef up my battleline and paint up some Brutes. I gave the normal guys spears since that is the theme of my army.  Then the boss guy got a big axe, one guy got a huge axe and the last guy got a ragers huge sword.  They guys are just fun.  Typical metallic purple with bronze weapons.

 

Brute Ragerz


 

To round out my army I picked up another squad of ragers.  They guys are painted like the last ones I did.  A bit of the difference is that the prime didn’t fuzz up on these guys.  This makes them look a bit cleaner.

 

Mawloc


 

I had two trigons so I thought it was time to get a mawloc.  I have run my trigon as a mawloc since no one ever really knows the difference but I thought I would be legit and have the actual model.  No, the question is will I use him?  With the updated rule maybe I will

 

Flayed ones


 

I had only done three flayed ones in last month's update so I thought I would finish the squad.  I have another five waiting for some paint as well.  Slowly I will work my way to a full set of twenty.

 

Kamoteph The Crooked Necrons


 

I have had this guy for quite a while.  I found him in my pile of shame and thought I would finish him off so I can use him as a lord next time I bring out my Necrons.

 

Psychomancer


 

Lastly, I had my second psychomancer to finish.  I had to repair his spell effect and it went a little tilted but It looks ok.  These guys were pretty powerful in 9th but now are not as good in 10th. Maybe they will get a glow-up next codex and I can get them onto the battlefield.

 

Well, there you have it  58 points added to my total for the year.  I have more Ironjawz to finish up and then maybe my votann or a knight.  We will just have to see how the month goes.

 

Happy Hobbying and like Ninjon says “hope you find some time to slay the gray”