Monday, October 19, 2020

Dreadtober: Necron Doomsday Stalker


 Last we I pledged 2 Doomsday Stalkers and a Killa Kan for Dreadtober.  Since then I have worked on finishing one of the Stalkers so I thought I would show him off. 
 
By Now, you have heard my typical paint scheme for my Necrons.  I followed this for most of this model.  The one new spot was for the Doomsday Blaster. 

 


For this I started with the tesseract glow. I then added in some moot green.  I then highlighted it with a drybrush of white.  Finally, a coat of tesseract to bring it all back together.  I have the second one and the doomsday ark’s cannon to work it out completely.  
 


I think I need to work harder on my drybrushing skills.  I need to have more patience with it and not try to rush it.  Right now, I seem to be using too much paint left on the brush.  There is a happy medium that I still need to find when drybrushing and allow those highlights to build up over the course of multiple passes not just “one and done” it. 

There you go, one down and two more to work on. With two more weeks in the month I think I am on track to making my goal.   

Stay safe! 


Questions? Comments? Pew pew pews!!!