Wednesday, December 12, 2018

What's on My Table? 12/12/18


I thought I would give an update to show what I have been working on.  With the upcoming holiday I have not had a lot of time to sit down and relax with my paints but I have done some work.



Gordo

I continue to work on the gorkanaut.  I am slowly getting all the model done in its base colors.  I still have the two operators to paint up but he is getting close.  Once that is done, I can start on the highlighting.  I am happy with how he is turning out but these big models always take it out of me.


Shockjump Dragsta


So, I was a bad guy.  I wanted a second dragsta and didn't want to buy another speedfreeks boxset, so I went to the Internet.  I found one on Etsy that was pictured assembled but I was so eager to get one that I bought it before looking to see if it was a recast.  On top of that, it was missing pieces and a base.  I do have the missing pieces on the way but if/when I get another one I should hold out to see the sprue before I pull the trigger. I have learned my lesson.


I went with a deeper blue on this ride with a red racing stripe. I am thinking I will go with the dark bronze for the exhaust and frame with the gun being a bright bronze.  The engine can be a mix of gunmetal and bronze as well. I am trying to paint this in stages so I can add more detail to the models.  I hope this process turns out well.

That is all I am working on right now.  What are you guys working on?