Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Showcase: Kataphron Destroyers and Skitarii Vanguard



This week I finished up painting my Kataphron Destroyers and a stray Skitarii Vanguard with arc rifle. With these painted I have a fully painted 1500 point list of combined Adeptus Mechanicus.  I still have several things I can add but at least for now, I can field an army without using proxies or unpainted models. 
First up is my Kataphron Destroyers.  I picked these guy up partially assembled and after I completely assembling them, I found a few pieces missing.  First off they all have the flamer upgrade vs the phosphor blaster.  Adding some flame templates is not the worst if  I am ever forced to go WYSIWYG.


The Second part missing was a Grav Cannon.  After facing off against some daemons I might start running a few plasma cannon destroyers anyway. This way I am not always dependent on the enemy's armor saves to make the grav cannons good.



The last piece missing was the mount for the right arm. With a side by side comparison you can see that the mount for the plasma cannon is not the original piece. The good thing about my level of painting it hides the imperfections.  If you want to could also say the painting makes the original look just as bad as the copy.





When we had our Apocalypse game the other day, I had a need for a fourth arc rifle.  I had a box of vanguard that is waiting for their Forgeworld upgrades. So I used one to build this arc rifle vanguard. While he was built and primed, unfortunately he wasn't painted in time.


I am not sure if I like the green.  I might have to redo it before putting him away.  If I look closely I can still see some of the bronze.



All in all, I am happy with these new editions.  They look decent from a tabletop distance.  That is the goal with my painting.

Next up I am starting the build on my ironstrider and continuing to paint the Ghost Ark.  I have 2 weeks before game day and I hope to have it and its squad all painted up for the table.

As always I welcome feedback on anything I do.  Did you like the video? Did you watch the video? Any suggestions on content for my videos?

Questions? Comments? Choom choom chooms?