Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WIP: Alternate Meganobz


I decided I wanted some more meganobz but I am not eager to pay the $70 for 3 small models so I started to look for alternatives.  That is when I found the Deadzone Marauders Support pack.


For roughly $15 I get 3 orks in powered armor.  It looks heavy duty enough and  really all I need to add is a powerclaw and swap out the head because they just don't fit in and poof Mega-armored nobz! Sorry about the bad photos they looked better on my phone.

While these guys don't have the usual sitting position that the old meganobz did I think they work well.



The second one's gun is a bit heavier than a shoota but it works for now.  I think I am going to try to get some of the new meganobz arms if I am going to do more of these. 


Here is one of them side by side with the old metal ones.  Not bad for a third of the cost. 

Over all I am happy with the 2 I made so far.  I have to do some more work on the third one.  His bare arms and silly big gun just didn't work for me.  We will see how he turns out.

Let me know what you guys think.  Do they look orky enough? Any sugestion on improving them?

Questions? Comments?  Dakka Dakka Dakkas?