Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ork Fort WIP

As I mentioned yesterday I and creating a Fort for my Orks to be used in  planet strike games.  If it turns out well, I might make a another so I can have 2 objectives when I am the defender.  So, first I will put up some pictures and then will talk about what more I want to do.




As you can see, it still has a ways to go.  I plan to cover more of both parts with more "plating" before moving on to the windows and Door.  I plan on placing 2 fire ports on each long side and 1 on the short.   the tower will either be capped by an observation post or by a large cannon that I have waiting to be used.  

So far the project is pretty inexpensive.   The boxes I got for a couple of bucks from the dollar store and the "plating" are those thin plastic for sale signs that you can buy pretty cheap.  I plan on getting the plastic mesh to add a fence around the top of the building and also to be used in my defensive perimeter.  After I have the fence I will place Dags (I thinks that is what you call the teeth like structures) around the fence to truly give it the ork feel. 

I plan to get some foam sheets to make the frames for my doors and windows.  I am hoping this will look decent enough to not get me laughed out of the store.  If it does, oh well, it cost less than $10 and it is no big loss.

I plan on working on this some more this week so I will keep the progress reports coming.  

Happy Wargaming  

Quick update.  on lunch I bought my materials for the next step ^_^