Monday, November 2, 2020

Alternate Nightbringer

The Nightbringer C’tan shard has seen a huge buff this edition.  Since I didn’t have one, GW was out of stock, and I saw an excellent replacement, I pulled the trigger on Creature Caster’s Death Elemental. 



The GW model is a bit small when you compare it with the Void Dragon.  This model is scarier than the original as well as bigger. Soon I will see how it compares to the dragon.  I guess I will need to get permission to use him in games since people can claim I am modeling for advantage. Honestly, I think if he ever gets a new model, it will be on this scale. I am just trying to be a step ahead. If I am wrong I guess I have a cool model. 

I painted his vortex with the new Tesseract Glow paint and a Biel Tan wash.  I had to add more layers of the glow to make it green.  For the body I did a black coat with a heavy drybrush of Caliban Green followed by a light drybrush of Moot Green. His cloth was done in the metallic blue that I use on my Necrons. I am hoping this ties him into the army. 


With him done, I can focus on the Ophydians, the Convergence and finally the Void Dragon himself.  I am not sure if I will ever get the Silent King. It is a big purchase for something I might use much.  Only time will tell.  


 


Questions? Comments? Pew pew pew!