Monday, April 6, 2020

Finished: Anchorite


I was able to finish the Anchorite. It was a fun model with a lot of details

I did the usual scheme of Runefang Silver with a yellow glaze on the sarcophagus.  I then added a line wash to bring out the details which is new for a Sisters model.


While it is not highly obvious, I did use the wildwood contrast paint on the wood slats on the hood and shoulders.  I was tempted to keep them black but using the contrast paints gives it a little more definition.

Again I have the blue flamers.  These will stand out enough if I ever get the heavy bolter variant.


Looking back I think I needed a little more yellow in the flames on the exhaust but I am okay with the way they ended up. It is just a lesson learned for the next one.


Next up is a Hospitaller so stay tuned for that in the next couple of days. Stay stafe out there.

Questions? Comments? The Emperor Protects!