Saturday, August 24, 2019

Black Templar Crusader Squad Finished

Hi All - The Summer Painting Challenge Continues.


I'm at the point where I'm trying not to say "I'm running out of things to paint" - Except that I am running out of 'priority' things to paint. I'm still got plenty of miniatures that need paint, but the vast majority are simply bringing tabletop quality models up to my 'best' quality models with highlight and washes. Many of these were painted when I was in my teens or college years, when It was literally spraypaint black, paint brown boots, metal gun, blue-grey armor for all my guard models. I also just finished practicing 'upgrading' one of these old Arcadian 4th (My custom guard regiment) models, and he doesn't look to shabby.

Anywho, here's the challenge update.

To finish...


  • Black Templar Phobus Armor LT (1 model - received and built)
  • Two Squads of Ten Vostroyan Guard including heavy weapon bases.
  • Four man command squad (Flamer, Medic, Comms and Grenade Launcher)
  • Three Vostroyan Snipers (just picked one up - now I have a special weapons squad!)
  • Eleven Black Templar Crusaders
  • Black Templar Apothecary
  • 2 Alpha Legion Obliterators
  • Alpha Legion Master of Possession
  • Alpha Legion Sorcerer 
  • Five Plague Ogryns (or Aberrants) 
Finished - 83 miniatures
Unfinished - 30ish

At this rate I'll have hit 100 by the end of July IF I can get started on these damn Vostroyans. Still trying to decide if I want to do the constrast paint on them for purple (but I'm unsure if it will match my other paint style) or just my normal purple, wash and highlight on the cloth.

Oh, and did I mention I'm looking at getting a custom platoon from Anvil Industries to match the Vostroyans and add some heft without breaking the bank too bad? Yea....gonna have to wait on that.

Blockade out.