Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Supa SeKret Progket


I have been a little quiet on the blog lately.  I am sorry.  I was working on a present for a friend and didn’t want to spoil the surprise.  Now that the package is delivered I can show you what I have been working on.


First up I have a trio of mega nobs.  I had these guys since last years bazaar.  My friend is just starting his waaagh and so I thought he could use a little omph.




The only modifications I did was adding extra shoulder pads to beef them up a bit more. I had to strip the paint off  the models and then I gave them a new white basecoat.  I wanted to try out the black contrast paint since my friend runs Goffs. I did a heavy dry brush with leadbelcher over the armor to give it the used look.





My friend is also leaning to go with a stormboy heavy army.  So when I finished his nobs I decided to get him a pack of stormboys as well. 


These guys are straight out of the box.  Again, I used the black contrast paint.  By this time, I had gotten the camo green contrast paint that I used in an earlier post.  I found that a second coat of the green will help darken the skin to a more manageable level.





I was going for a basic Goff look that was easy to reproduce.  I think the contrast paints do help out, but they have their flaws.  I was happy with how these turned out and hope that they are to my friends satisfaction.  If anything he can strip them and paint them up in his style.





With these guys done I can move on to my next project the Scorpius Dunerider. Look for a post later this week. Until then...

Questions? Comments? Dakka dakka dakka!