Saturday, October 20, 2018

Orktober/Dreadtober Showcase: Mega Armored Warboss



This project has not gone exactly the way I thought it would but I am happy with how it turned out. Let's take a look at my results.




My initial goal was to do some slight modifications to the hellbrute model like they did over at the Lonely Havoks.  Once I got the model I knew it would not just be a simple modification.


I ended up keeping the torso but I thing I would have rather started off with a regular dread body. While the back looks ok painted metallic I still an mot a fan of the organic look.


I am really pleased with the legs and arms. I was unsure how they would turn out but they are great. The gun on top is a bit out of place but I thin it works. I had a hard time deciding what to do about the gun. Nothing was inspiring me. In the end, I looked through my bits and this was the best fit for a custom shoota.



I love the head and I think it goes well. My only regret about it was that I couldn't get the iron gob from the deff dread to work.  I would have had to extend the sides and I feel it would have looked goofy.

Overall, I am pleased. He is huge compared to a regular warboss but I am ok with that.  I will only use him in a friendly game. If i use him in a tournament, I can use him as a deff dread. Now all he needs a proper name.

Let me know what you think.

Questions? Comments? Let's do some Krumpin' Boys! Qaaaaaaaaghhhh!!!!!!!!!!