Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Showcase: Alternate Witch Elves


I was looking at my hobby area the other day.  There are about 30 models that I am “working” on.  I keep adding more and more models to the pile before removing any.  My goal over this month is try to clear some of them off before Orktober.  I am starting with the Witch Elves.
 



I completed two of the five I have assembled and primed.  These models are mantic succubi models.  I like they are demon like instead of straight elves.  I feel they fit in with my army better than the elves from games workshop. 





They are a bit less detailed than the games workshop models.  So there is a tradeoff.  If I go with the mantic ones they are cheaper ( twenty for $30) and have less detail or do I stick with Games Workshop  which are better sculpted for more money (ten for $50).  While it is a hard choice I think I will go with the mantic models for now.





I have three more to finish painting before I start assembling the next five.  I have my sting wings to finish now that I did my test model for them.  I still have an armiger is begging for paint.  Maybe when I have a few hours to work I can paint it up.  Lastly I have the new Aberrants and abominant.  I want to get these painted up soon so they look good when they take the field.





Let me know what you think.

Questions? Comments? Hiiiissssssssssssssssssssss!