Monday, December 12, 2016

WIP: Genestealer Cult

Genestealer Cult Aberrant

This weekend I spent some time painting some genestealer cult.  It is getting cold so I can't base coat anything so I decided to paint guys I already based coated.



First up is my Aberrant.  I can imagine these mutants are half way between a human and a full genestealer.  I decided to paint them with the neophyte skin tone with the full genestealer parts my tyranid skin tone.

Genestealer Cult Aberrant

I doubt once I get enough acolytes and metamorphs that these guys will be in my lists.  They are expensive points wise and the other units are better at almost everything.  I might use them as a summoned unit.
Genestealer Cult Neophyte

Next I worked on a couple of Neophytes. These little guys are pretty fun to paint up.  There is a lot of little details but nothing too hard for me to paint.

Genestealer Cult Neophyte

The Overkill box come with 12 normal guys, two grenade launchers, and two mining lasers.  The minimum you can take is two squads of ten.  Somehow I will need to get four more regular guys.  If I want special weapons, I will need to acquire them as well.

Genestealer Cult Neophyte

The last model I worked on is the primus model. I think this is the coolest looking model in the set.  I had a hard time figuring out what color to paint his cape.  After consulting with my wife and showing her the other part of the army, she suggested the dark brown. I like how it turned out.

Genestealer Cult Primus

His arms are modeled like genestealer arms, but I feel he would still be mostly human. My other choice would be to paint him up like the metamorphs and acolytes. After some debate, I went with the light skin on his face.
Genestealer Cult Primus

I painted up  his bone sword like the claws on his fingers. I can't believe that I don't have a completely painted model with bone swords yet,  I have the swarm lord but he is no where close to be finished and none of my shrikes, guards or warriors have  a sword painted.

Genestealer Cult Primus

I have two more neophytes, several metamorphs, and the magus that are still primed and waiting for some paint.  I also can build out some more terrain.  Maybe we will get a dry day with temps higher than 40° so I can get the rest of my cult primed.

Genestealer Cult Primus

I need to get my lightbox back up an running.  These images are just not as good as it should be. Sorry for that.

Have a great week!

Questions? Comments? For the four armed emperor?