Thursday, November 10, 2016

WIP: Genestealer Cult Patriarch

I am sorry I have been so quiet of late, but I had some visitors in town and did not have a chance to do any hobby work.  Last night, I had some time to work on the Patriarch.



This guy is a cool model. While there are hints of the previous two broodlord models there is enough new to make him unique.


I have used a paint scheme similar to my tyranids, but I have made a couple of changes.  I have made the fleshy parts the same skin tone as my neophytes. I also kept the tongue a red like the metamorphs.


I have done most of the color blocking.  I have also used a wash on the blues.  Next up will be my highlighting.  First, I will add the lowlight on the green carapace followed but the highlight. Then, the blues will get there highlight.   Lastly I will paint the base.


I have the texture on base laid out. I need to paint the ground and work on the details on the pipe.  I think one good night will finish him off.  I also added the ground for the metamorph so he should be done soon as well.  It is not fast but the army is progressing.

Questions? Comments? For the four armed emperor!?