Monday, October 3, 2016

#dreadtober: First update

It is that time of year again,  Time to build and paint a dread type model in honor of the season.  In previous post i stated that I am going to build the sydonian dragoon.


I took the time this weekend to assemble the main body of the walker. It went together fairly easy.  I took notice on the leg pose so I do have the same stance as my other walker.


So the main part is built but I want to spiffy up the base before it gets primed.  Before I move on though I need to some how make s second torso so I can use both versions of the dragoon.


I attached a bit of sprue on the torso for venting and started my two part mold. I am not good at making molds.  I am not sure if it is my molds, my resin, or just that I am not doing it right 



This is my first attempt. While the torso looked decent the deformed lower torso did not fit on the dragoon. So I have made a second attempt.  Hopefully I will be able to get something that will work and I can move onto the painting.

Have a good week and stay tuned for more updates.

Questions? Comments? Choom choom chooms?