Monday, September 12, 2016

Showcase: Destroyer Lord



This weekend I painted  my destroyer lord.  I made a short video on the rotating pedestal. I left some better photos below.


I thought I would give him a bronze plated body instead of the usual black body of my destroyers.  This will help him stand out even more on the table.  I also painted the exhaust port blue to further set him apart.


While as he stands, he is complete. There are two things I am not happy about with this model.  The first is the head. Unfortunately, it is metal model which makes it a pain to remove the head.  After I finish all of the destroyers I might come back to replace it.  I think I want to add one of the more decorated heads and angle it more upright.

The other problem is the flat carapace on the back.  If you look at all the new Necron models they tend to have circuitry engraved on their carapace.  I think I am going to try to get some stencils and add it to all of the destroyer bodies. I first have to find the stencil then I need to figure out what I want to add.

All of this is for another time though.  My lord is now ready to lead his destroyer cult to kill all things that live.  The Dynasty shall rule forever!

Questions? Comments? We'll be backs?