Monday, May 9, 2016

Showcase: Kataphron Destroyers


This weekend I finished up the first of my second squad of Kataphron Destroyers.  I got these guys for about half price so I knew they would need some love.



The only thing that this model needed was a new head.  I quickly found the head from the vanguard that looked mechanical and got him painted.  I think it fits in and does not detract from the model.


The kit was missing one of the gun mounts so I am going to have to wait to cast the part before they can be finished.  I will keep the blog up dated with my progress.

This kit it completes my 1500pt army for the Adeptus Mechanicus.  I will still need to get a few more units if I want to field a pure Skitarii force. I don’t think I will ever try a pure Cult  Army.  I still plan getting a few more units for this army.  I think the Skitarii is the force going to Shorehammer.  Wheter or not I take 1 or more Dragoon still needs to be scene.  I am also looking into adding in an Guard ally and what could help out the skitarii.  maybe a big blob of soldiers will help the skitarii keep the enemy distracted.  I will have to look into it more closely.

Question? Comments? Pew pew pews?