Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Showcase: Tau Fire Warriors and Stealth suits



Over the weekend I got all of my stealth suits finished and started to work on my Fire Warriors.  I like how they have turned out.  After painting those Stealth suits almost all grey is it nice to get back to painting color with the fire warriors.
With these five fire warriors finished, I have 8 painted troop models.




I need to figure out what I am going to do to distinguish my Shas'ui from the rest of his brothers.  I am thinking a different color right shoulder.  Maybe the blue accent color but I was thinking that could also be used as my unit distinction.  If I have different color for each squad it would help figure out which squad is which.  I could also do its helmet in a different color Like I do with my guard.  I guess I need to figure it out soon. 

Next up are my stealth suits.  Since I am using the old metal models for the Shas' vre I don't need to change up the paint scheme for these guys.







Since I am adding the flock and rocks after finishing the models, I still need to figure out what to do with these bases.  I want to add the rocks but need them to blend in better.  maybe I will try painting them. 

I also thought about some tufts of dead grass and see how they would look on the bases with or instead of the rocks..  Either just some light brown flock or maybe the kit with small tufts in it.  I might just mock up a few bases to try to figure out which I will use.

Until next time...

Questions? Comments? Pew pew pews?