Friday, July 18, 2014

First game with the orks


Wednesday night I had the oppertunity to play with the new orks. I played in a 2v2 game where I was teamed up with a chaos space marine player against a grey knight / IG / Spacewolf army that included a bane blade.



While the bane blade was scary it didn't dominate the game.  It was a stock bane blade and while we didn't have an answer for it I think our best defense would have been park a battlewagon in front of it and try to ignore it.  I was silly and threw a group of boyz at it and they just disappeared only taking off a single hull point.    If it was meganobs I think things wound have been different. 

For the most part the army did ok.  I had lots of boys and they would tie up some squads and then die to the next squad.  My 'ard boyz did a good job.  If Ulirk wasn't there I would have mopped up a few squads but the challenge and the attack denying helm was a pain. Storm Shields on wolves are also annoying.  He just would not roll a 1 or 2.  I hate Storm Shield.  It is the one thing I wish some of my Xeno armies had.  If I ever do a power armor army I think a termie army with storm shields would be high on my list.  Then again I am a master at rolling 1's and 2's.

I remember having these guys... too bad I sold you.
My army was missing low AP shooting and anti tank shooting.  The lootas did not do anything.  I think 2 hull points of 1 rhino and 1 off another.  I need to make those mek guns fast.  maybe some deffkoptas instead of the lootas will be worth a try. 

I need to have a core army and then just tweak it till I find the balance I want.  Right now I am just throwing stuff together. I am wondering if the Waaaghh is needed. If I am doing battle wagon rush I am going to guess not.


I am tempted to get the Morkanaut for the moving Kustom Force Field (KFF) I also want to mock up a Big Mek on bike for the same reason.  I think I have an extra deff kopta that I can convert into a bike Should be fun.  I can even make it the gift bike :) hello AP3. 

I think I found my project for the weekend.

Hope you all have a good one!

Questions? Comments? Dakka dakka dakkas?