Thursday, August 22, 2013

More Updates: Shrikes

If you have been following along I have been making some shrikes.  I have 3 completed for the most part.  I need to work on the green stuff making look less like globs of putty to more part of the model.  I think a little sanding and trimming with a new smother layer will help out.  I am not the greatest when it comes to Green Stuff but they say practice makes perfect.



here is a shot of the 5 in their current state.
I have the 2 models left to add some arms and wings.  I like how the feet turned out better on these 2 than the other one with the genestealer claw. 


 I still have to add the back claw and maybe add some deffinition to the top of the claw but I think they look pretty close to how I want them to look. I also added a blade to the end of one because it had a piece broken off.  I like it som I am going to keep it. 

For a first try I am happy.  I have a couple of other things I might want to try.  The first is create a fan on the tail for kind of like a rudder. The second is giving them a longer neck so that when in horizontal flight they are not staring at the ground.    I think these would be big improvements to the overall feel of the model.  Of coarse the bases need some sprucing up as well but that is just finishing touches.  

I will be at the shop tonight and I will finally not have to proxy warriors as shrikes.  This alone makes me happy.  Next time I will get better pictures.  My next update will see a finished squad.   Once that is done I will go back and work on improving them.  

Let me know what you think.

Questions? Comments? Nom nom noms?