Thursday, July 25, 2013


I had a game with the shrikes and plan to try them out again tonight.  I still don't have a model for them.  I wish GW would hurry up and make one.  I plan to take apart the warriors I have to make the shrikes I want but until someone makes affordable wings (Sorry forge world you are too much) I will just have to proxy *Gasp*


Looking back on their performance over the course of the game they did rather well.  I didn't get any hammer of wrath hits with them since most of the time they were hoping about trying to get into the thick of things before they got shot down.


It was nice to have both raveners and shrikes out there.  My opponent had played me before and knew that the raveners were a prime target so when he targeted them first I was not that worried I wanted to see how the shrikes did anyway.  They did pretty well.  The shooting added a few wounds to the mix but I think the toxin sacs really made them shine.  The rerolls to wound on target T4 or lower really helps  my damage output and with all those monstrous creatures out there wounding of 4s sound nice as well.

So my idea for tonight is to switch it up a bit. lets take a look...

2 detacments

Prime - devourer
10 devilgants - spore pod
tervigon - catalyst, toxin sacks,  regen

doom - sporepod
6 ravenger - rending claws, devourers
5 Shrikes - scything talons, bone sword and whip

Tyrant- 2 x devouer, armor, regen
10 devilgants - spore pod
tervigon - catalyst, toxin sacks,  regen
5 Shrikes - scything talons, bone sword and whip
I switched to just 1 squad of raveners and my shrikes are assault oriented.  I want to give them a try and see if the no armor save and whip coils will help them become more deadly. I really want them to work.  I think they might become one of my favorite units. Now I just have to build them.

Questions? Comments? Nom nom nom?