Monday, May 13, 2013

Tau-riffic


This weekend I continued working on my Tau Forge world commander.  He is coming along nicely.  I have added in the wash to bring out the lines and hide some of my painting mistakes.  I also based coated my base so I can start the basing process.





I started to do the edge highlighting on his thrusters and around his head.   I am realling liking how he is turning out.  He might be my best painted model yet.  Scary.

I am always scared to do my vehicles.  There is just so much open flat surfaces thet brings out the brush strokes.  Ususally I will find an arm painter paint or if I fail there an krylon spray paint to help me out.  Well I guess no one likes orange.  The best think I have found is at Micheals they had a matte spray paint so I thought I would give it a shot.  here is the results.


It took probably 10- 12 coats to get a mostly even color but I am satisfied with the outcome.  the biggest downside is it is too light to match my army.  I am at a loss.  I am thinking of biting a bullet and doing the airbrush route but the problem there is I have zero funds to invest in one and I am scared to use someone else's for the fear of ruining their expensive tool while fumbling around trying to use it.  I have 3-4 tanks and eventually 3-4 parahinas to work on.  and if I like how it feels I gou use it to quicken my crisis suit and riptide painting.

The question is do they make an airbrush color to match the old foundation macharius solar orange?  Or can I just use the old paint in the airbrush.

Another worry I have is how close is the old foundation to the new base color.  I have not had to use the new one yet.  It is another big worry.

If you have any suggestions let me know.

Until Next time...


Questions? Comments? Pew pew pews?